Hello and Congratulations on your engagement! I'm so very happy for you and look forward to meeting you.
This page outlines the process of preparation for marriage.
Step One: Some Basic Questions
Step Two: Meet with Father
- Regardless of who you'd like to celebrate your wedding, you need to meet with the pastor, Fr. Ryan. You can schedule that appointment with our parish manager, Mrs. Susan Chesel, at (318) 352-3422.
- The deposit for reserving your proposed wedding date is $100.
Step Three: Instruction
- The priest or deacon who will celebrate your wedding will provide for your instruction.
- The instruction should take between 3 and 6 months.
- This may consist of face to face meetings or various other options depending on travel times and other factors.
Step Four: Wedding Logistics
- During the process of preparation, couples should read our Wedding Policy in its entirety.
- Any requests to deviate from our ordinary rules and policies must be approved by our pastor, Fr. Ryan, AND by the priest or deacon who is celebrating your wedding.
- The payment of all fees in their entirety is expected at least two weeks prior to the wedding.